Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tag Team in Space... Episode 6

And the beat goes on...

Read the latest installment of Tag Team in Space the collaborative saga from J. Naomi Ay (The Two Moons of Rehnor) & Ahmad Taylor (Dark Side of the Moon)






Check out Episode 5 on J. Naomi's Blog here: Jerry (Episode 5)












Episode 6



Derrick:
 “I can’t believe this shit is happening on a day like today. Why am I always getting stuck in situations like this?” I asked emptily. I should have known better than to mutter even a single word out loud.

Doctor guy and smelly head couldn’t resist chiming in; “This is a rough day for me too. I’m supposed to start my new assignment today and I need to be there pretty soon. This is certainly not how I expected my day to go either” Jerry added.

“Fogwat like Jerry. Fogwat like Derrick. They like Fogwat?” the creature asked.

I had neither the energy nor the inclination to make new friends, especially with these two, but it appeared they were not going to play the quiet game too well, so I reluctantly responded.

“Okay Fogwat, you got that glow coming out of that big head of yours and you got the three eyes to see better, so you lead the way for us, got it?”

“Fogwat see. Fogwat show the way” the Martian said, walking up the tube ahead of us. Doctor guy looked over at me as if he needed my approval to move forward so I turned and began to follow Fogwat.

“So, Derrick… Tell me about yourself. Who are you, where you from, what brings you to Mars?” doctor Jerry asked me. It was very hot in the tube, my head was pounding and the stench from the thing walking ahead of us was nauseating, I did my best to ignore Jerry’s questions and forge on.

“You seem pretty wound up, anything you wanna’ talk about buddy?” he continued, obviously not taking the hint to shut the hell up.

I spun around and placed my hand against his chest. His heart was beating pretty rapidly which meant he was nervous, which let me know I was in control, which I liked; “Listen up Jerry. I am not your buddy by any means. Not your friend, not your pal and certainly not your buddy, so let’s be super clear on that point” I finished, trying to look into his eyes through the darkness.

“Hey Derrick, take it easy man. I know this is a stressful situation but you have to relax. We are going to get out of here soon and make our way to our individual destinations shortly, I promise. Now, if you need another pill or something for your anxiety, I’m a doctor so I have…” I quickly cut him off; “A doctor, I know Jerry. You mentioned that before. I don’t need any pills, or any new friends, or any of this conversation. Quite frankly, what I need from you is some silence so that I can think a bit and figure out how we are going to get out of this stupid tube before I lose my breakfast all over the place. No you and what’s his face…” I turned to gesture over to the Martian thing leading the way, but it was completely dark around us. I turned toward the direction it walked in but saw nothing. I turned the other way but again saw nothing. I could not see the dim glow of his huge head anywhere.

“Argh! What the hell? Now we lost the smelly thing, son of a bitch. You gotta’ stop nagging me Jerry, ‘cause I need to get the hell out of here, and that thing is our only source of light, so we gotta’ find it and use it to find our way, you understand me?” I yelled at Jerry, keeping my hand on his chest just to know where he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment