Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mike Martin joins Tag Team in Space

We welcome author A.L. Jambor author of: Pello Island: Cassia to the TTiS team, and we continue the story.

Mike Martin  - New character by A.L. Jambor
I watched the Martian grab the girl.  I’d been watching them for several minutes, and I had a gut feeling this wouldn’t end well.  I looked around for something to bash him over the head with and found a large stone in the decorative fountain near the entrance of the Starbucks.  As the girl struggled, I bashed him over the head and he fell like a sack of potatoes.
“You okay,” I asked.  She looked stunned and her arms were covered in slime.
“I’m fine.  I had this under control.”
She looked pissed off so I offered to buy her a coffee.  She didn’t want to at first, but then she agreed.  I could see she was rattled, but she kept pretending everything was cool.  I picked up two coffees and brought them to the table.
“You didn’t have to do that,” she said.  “I was handling it.”
“Yeah, you looked like you were handling it.”
“Who are you?” she asked.
“Mike Martin.  And you?”
Ensign Katie Golden.”
“Ooo Ensign.  So, what’s with the Martian?  I saw you talking nice and then he grabbed you.”
“I was asking for his help.”
“Help with what?”
She hesitated for several seconds.  “I wanted him to talk to Marla.”
“Marla!  You don’t look like the type,” I said smiling from ear to ear.
“It wasn’t like that!” she said.  I liked seeing her face turn red.
“Then what was it like?”
“That’s classified.”

(Read the rest of episode 27 and the entire story here at TTiS) 


No comments:

Post a Comment