Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Author Interview: Tallis Piaget: Black Boogiemen

A hearty Tuesday to you all.

Today we have author and radio host Tallis Piaget joining us.

Tallis Piaget is the author of the critically acclaimed book, Black Boogiemen.  He is the editor of the Insight2Incite Magazine, as well as a co-host of the Insight Radio Show.  Though Black Boogiemen is his first published material, he has been refining his craft for over 20 years.


Welcome Tallis.

Thanks for having me Ahmad.


Tell us a little about your work: Black Boogiemen.


This book follows Dr. Trenton Branch, a scientist whose extremely meager upbringing came from his grandmother and the cruel inner city streets. He grows to become a world renowned biochemist, living in one of the wealthiest suburbs in the country. Chalked with witty banter and an introspective look into the soul, Black Boogiemen is a tale of humanity’s ongoing struggle between love and hate, right and wrong.

Sounds like an interesting and thought-provoking read.

Let's let my audience know a little about you and your work, if you don't mind?

Absolutely.



As a writer, it is considered unprofessional and inappropriate to give a retort to a critic or criticism. Were it “politically correct” to address your critics personally, what would be the one thing you would say to them?

Now that is a really good question.  And though almost everyone loves my book, they still offer areas where they would have done things differently.   I take it all in stride but if I were to ever offer my honest retort it would be, “Well how about you go write a five hundred page document, and then scrutinize over it for a year.  Afterwards, see how you feel when people criticize your work.”

Are you currently working on any other projects?

Yes I have been working on one piece for over eleven years now.  It will be my greatest work ever; I honestly don’t foresee its completion for another few years. Because the fans really want a continuation of Black Boogiemen, I am also writing that sequel and plan on having it completed by next summer. 

What is the last thing you read? Did you like it, hate it?

The last thing I read was Riptide by Paul S. Kemp.  It’s just another story in the Star Wars Saga.  It was OK, it wasn’t bad at all, but it certainly wasn’t one of the greatest stories in the annals of Star Wars.

What was the last movie you watched? Did you like it, hate it?

Cook County with Anson Mount is the last movie I watched.  Being a writer and an avid reader, I am very brutal when it comes to critiquing movies.   I am one of the well read people out here who can not be entertained with lack luster acting or horrendous writing.  So with all of that being said, I have to say I really liked Cook County, and would certainly encourage anyone else to watch it.  It is a good, movie. Very gritty.    

Where can readers find your works and follow you?

Readers can find my work via my website.  From there they can access all other forms of social media or just follow me on Facebook or Twitter.  


Facebook
Twitter  

Amazon
Barnes & Nobles

Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment